cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView Themes

Hello All,

I am looking for some help on QLikView Themes. I created a QVW file with couple of objects( 3 list boxes and one straight chart), added object coloring,added a color to the sheet background, then using the theme making wizard tool, I created a theme using the sheet built above and saved the theme. When I tried applying the theme to a new sheet in a different document with same objects as the above sheet, it is just picking the sheet background color but the object colors are not changing. Please suggest how to have a theme when applied to new sheet will just not have the sheet color but also the object colors?

Thanks

Heera

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Basically, you need to run the Theme Maker a number of times, once for each Object type - once for charts, then once for list boxes, etc... Each time, you will add another component to the theme. If everything is done correctly, you will be able to apply your theme to another document and have all objects get re-designed.

Having said that, I found in my practice that it might be more practical to create a "solid" template document with all the colors defined in variables, than to use themes.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Check out my new book:

QlikView Your Business: An expert guide to Business Discovery with QlikView and Qlik Sense

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

While creating the theme  you need to select the which Property Groups & Object specific Properties to apply the theme.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Basically, you need to run the Theme Maker a number of times, once for each Object type - once for charts, then once for list boxes, etc... Each time, you will add another component to the theme. If everything is done correctly, you will be able to apply your theme to another document and have all objects get re-designed.

Having said that, I found in my practice that it might be more practical to create a "solid" template document with all the colors defined in variables, than to use themes.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Check out my new book:

QlikView Your Business: An expert guide to Business Discovery with QlikView and Qlik Sense

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Oleg Troyansky.

I ran the theme number of times for various objects and it worked out. Also can you please elaborate the second option you have suggested.

Thanks.

Heera.

Not applicable
Author

Create the qvw template and set all the color & font sizes for all the objects. Always use template copy for new development dashboards.