Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview 10 WebParts and handling Multi-Hop security.

We have a project based around using Sharepoint 2010 and using the WebParts to display Qlikview data on various pages throughout the site. Our main requirement for the parts is to display charts but depending upon which page they are on we would pre-filter the data using JavaScript to hook into the API.

Our main issue with version 9 was the multi-hop authentication issue. This is where we have Sharepoint on one server and Qlikview on another. Using NTLM, when the client browser connects to Sharepoint, then Sharepoint calls over to Qlikview, NTLM cannot do the impersonation, therefore Qlikview sees the call as being anonymous.

We could solve this using Kerberos, but Kerberos always seems to be a nightmare to configure and as we are using a 3rd party hoster this might not be an option.

As we were using Sharepoint 2010, Qlikview would only support the upcoming version 10, which luckily was adverstised as solving this multi hop issue by hosting the QvAjaxZfc in a virtual directory alongside sharepoint whihc could then handle the authentication through to Qlikview.....Fantastic...the solution to all of our problems.

However, after working our way through the new Qlikview 10 documentation, it does indeed state in many places that we can host the QvAjaxZfc directory on Sharepoint and this solves the Multi-Hop issue, but nowhere does it explain how you set it up and configure it.

We have spent days trying to set up QV10 for this scenarion with no success, and unfortunately, the Qlikview support team refuse to help as this is not a standard install (maybe this should not have been documented as such in the product literature !).

In addition to this, the Qlikview web parts seem to have been re-written and the Javascript used for version 9 no longer works. There is probably a new Javascript calling method, but as yet I have been unable to find anything on this.

Is there anybody out there who has used QV10 web parts who can offer any suggestions, help, advise or at least some soothing words to lower my frustration with the new product...

Cheers.

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I've created documentation of our current working solution. I'll share it with you.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

hi smelcdus

Eagealy waiting for your Reply

Not applicable
Author

There were some tech. difficulties to upload it, but here it is:

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/14/4784.QV_5F00_WebParts_5F00_on_5F00_SharePoint_5F002D005F00_Configuration.doc:550:0]

Not applicable
Author

Hi smelcdus

This link does not work anymore. Could you please reshare the documentation?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

hi Bjorn Wedbratt,

I have a problem following your advice, could you send me more details about the easiest way to installing dan deploying QV Web Part to Sharepoint.

Because I haven't succesfull specially in QVWS front end says "No Server".

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

I have a similar issue with QV 11 and Sharepoint. I would appreciate if you can let me know how you resolved.

We have QV and Sharepoint on different server with same AD. We have Acess Point in Sharepoint and QV server and they work fine but have issues with the webpart.

jafari_ervin
Creator III
Creator III

Dears,

I have a same problem I have SharePoint and qlikview server in two different server and I could successfully installed qlikview webpart with proxy in sharepoint server and config web part to show the qlikview object and I could see the result in the sharepoint server with user A successfully and all done successfully but I could not see the result in other computer with same user (user A) and see the error "failed to open the document, you don’t have access to this document",

Environment specific:

Qlikview server on server X

SharePoint on server Y

Qlikview webpart license Yes

User A has access to the document and object

Document and object available in qlikview access point from different computer for user A

Please share your experience

Best Wishes,