Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV reload thru batch file issue

Hi ,

I am loading 2 applications thru batch job .

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r "D:\qvstorage\xx_Incremental_Ph2.2.qvw"

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r "D:\qvstorage\xx_Dashboard_Ver3.0.qvw"

What we observed is 1st application will run & gets saved too , but QV is not getting closed down which leads to hang issue .

But if we put 2nd application ON TOP in batch job , it will run perfect & QV gets closed down after saving application . but again after running 1st application which is kept below 2nd in batch .. QV didn't close down .

How come for one application batch will run fine , but for others it will not ?? Is there any particular settings i need to look for in QV app .

Note :

Document Properties, Opening tab, uncheck "Prohibit Binary Load".  ---> Done same for both app

check "Admin Overrides Security" is also checked in the Document Properties ----> Done

Version : QV11 SR12

Pls guide .

Regards,

Bhushan

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think your problem is caused from timing-differences between ending and starting of the various tasks in the chain and I'm not sure if it's in general a good idea to put several reload-statements into one batch-file.

If you haven't a critical time-window to execute your reloads and there aren't many of such tasks I think to trigger single-task batches one after another with a certain time-puffer between them would be easier. Have you instead many of such tasks and it is time critical you should consider to user the server/publisher to perform the reloads and should this not be possible to use vbs-batches which are a lot more flexible, see here an example: Reduce Number of Applications at a time.

- Marcus

milkyryan
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Bushan,

Apologies for the thread resurrection but I encountered this problem recently and found that reloading in the app and ticking "Close when finished" on the script execution progress window ensures that Qv.exe closes once the batch reload is complete.

Hope this helps sort your problem out mate.

~Ryan.

omerfaruk
Creator
Creator

If anyone falls into this and above didn't resolve your issue try deleting your Prj Folder.

shaan007
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi There,

Hope this article helps

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000079198