Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How I can activate CALs.

i have 1 document and  want add permission and cal for 1 specific user, i tryed added but i can see is pending o something like that, i have one list with users but those wasn't added by me.

The only way to add someone is selecting named user in the combobox but how i told is like pending.

qview.jpg

Exist something like a manual for manage console ? permissions ? licences ?

Thanks for the help.

h
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

You seem to be on the wrong tab.

Go to the Document CALs tab to give someone a document CAL for this document.

May you live in interesting times!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

You seem to be on the wrong tab.

Go to the Document CALs tab to give someone a document CAL for this document.

Not applicable
Author

hi thanks for answer, can u help me a little bit more, please ?

1. if i give cal in document tab, the user can see this document in acces point ?

2. what is the difference between server tab and document ?

3. why have a user list in server tab ?

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

1) If the user is authorized to see the file (either via NTFS or DMS, depending on what system you are using), he/she will see the document. To be able to open the document, the user needs to have a CAL.

2) On the server tab you are giving people a Named CAL. With a Named CAL you can open all documents you are authorized to open.

On the document tab you are giving people a Document CAL. A Document CAL is a relation between 1 user and 1 document. Assuming the user is authorized, he/she can now open that document (and only that document).

If your system also has Session CALs and the user is not using QlikView very often, you do not have to give the person a Named or Document CAL.

3) For Named CALs.