Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devanpeebles
Contributor III
Contributor III

Configuring Server Ratings for Load Balancing

Does anyone have an explanation or an example of how to configure server ratings for the job servers in a virtual server group?

I was able to extract  and get it into the right directory in the for changes to be picked up based on the instruction from https://help.talend.com/reader/o8AimXIE_BLkmSM61RvyIw/TvjB6hpk62xsqf1cgM~kkg?section=sect-install-co....  But I'm not quite sure how some of the values actually work as there's no description of what the indicators actually do.  Specifically right now I'm trying to get it to load balance based on free physical memory.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Can you please clarify in which Talend solution you are? With your requirement, are you trying to make TAC in High Availability with load balancing? Please give us a more bit information about your current situation background.

Best regards

Sabrina

devanpeebles
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We're using 7.2.

Following the instructions in the link I was able to extract  monitoring_client.properties and get it into the correct folder on our TAC.  This determines server ratings for the TAC when doing load balancing using server groups.  So really I'm just wondering exactly what the various values in it represent and how the TAC uses them?    For example,

org.talend.monitoring.limits.FreePhysicalMemLimit.HIGHER_LIMIT

org.talend.monitoring.limits.FreePhysicalMemLimit.LOWER_LIMIT

org.talend.monitoring.limits.IdleCPUUsageLimit.LOWER_LIMIT

org.talend.monitoring.limits.IdleCPUUsageLimit.HIGHER_LIMIT

etc....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

For getting better load balancing we need to modify the parameter values in "monitoring_client.properties". The concept of load balancing with virtual jobserver work fine if you have jobserver on the same type of machine.

Below are the steps to make the changes in monitoring_client.properties file.
1) Stop the TAC and go to "\tac\apache-tomcat\webapps\org.talend.administrator\WEB-INF\lib\" and unzip the "org.talend.monitoring.client.jar" file using 7zip.
2) You can find the "monitoring_client.properties" file in the extracted folder. Open the file and modify the below properties:
for instance try to evaluate the minimal resources your job needs :
- an other job may need 20 GB of disk storage
- a job may need 10 GB of physical memory
So, you could set the following properties:
# Set the default minimum required free disk space here (in kilobytes) (below 20 GB)
org.talend.monitoring.limits.FreeDiskSpaceLimit.LOWER_LIMIT=20048576
# Set the default maximum required free disk space here (in kilobytes) (below 10 TB)
org.talend.monitoring.limits.FreeDiskSpaceLimit.HIGHER_LIMIT=1073741824
# Set the default weight for this indicator
# (0 means this indicator is not taken into account, 5 means the indicator is really important)
org.talend.monitoring.limits.FreeDiskSpaceLimit.WEIGHT=5

And:
# Set the default minimum required free physical memory here (in bytes) (below 10 GB)
org.talend.monitoring.limits.FreePhysicalMemLimit.LOWER_LIMIT=10073741824
# Set the default maximum required free physical memory here (in bytes) (below 20 GB)
org.talend.monitoring.limits.FreePhysicalMemLimit.HIGHER_LIMIT=20073741824
# Set the default weight for this indicator
# (0 means this indicator is not taken into account, 5 means the indicator is really important)
org.talend.monitoring.limits.FreePhysicalMemLimit.WEIGHT=5

3) Save the file. Zip the folder "org.talend.monitoring.client-v.v.v" folder in .zip format. Rename the .zip folder to .jar folder.
4) Start the TAC and check the job server ratings.

Let us know if it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina