Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I understand the way Talend works ?...

Hi.
I begin in the installation of the Talend Administration Center, but the problem is that I would be sure of what each part does. The Talend's PDF just explain me how to install but doesn't really explain simply how does it work and what are the functions doing.

1) Where does Talend Administration Center have to be installed ? In the client's enterprise ? In the developpement team enterprise ?
2) The studios (each developper have his studio) connect to the Talend Administration Center to send them work, right ?
3) What are the differences between Talend Server and Talend RunTime ? If I understood properly, both execute the jobs designed per the developers.
4) Concretely, what sort of operation does the job usually do (from the Talend RunTime or Execution Server) ?
5) In the web interface, "job Conductor" make me able to display the jobs sent from the studios, and to run them when I want... What does "Generate" and "Deploy" exactly do ?

I have other questions, but it's enough for the moment I think. If someone could explain me, because I have to understand the aim of a TAC (Talend Administration Center).
Thanks.
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Oh in french, thanks so much. I apologize for this topic, I will tell you if I still don't understand after reading it all.
Thanks again you two.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There are problems in Figure 2.2 of this page : https://help.talend.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=9309326
There's no orange bloc as marked under the picture figure.
There are many little problems in this docs... Too bad.
lgaudens
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, you're right about the figure, the one uploaded in the French book is not the right one, the problem is fixed in the source files and you'll be able to see the good image in the next release of the documentation. Meanwhile, you can look at the English book which has the correct image (with the orange block): https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Monitoring&content-lang=en
What are the other "little problems" you find in the doc? Let us know and we'll see if we can improve it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

These are good, valid questions. Too bad the response was RTFM. I was hoping to find an explanation about the difference between Talend Runtime and the JobServer as well.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I agree these are good questions and the manuals, though they describe the architecture accurately for someone who already knows what the software does, don't give concrete examples of what each piece does. But there are too many questions in one post for a forum - the list of questions reads like "What this books covers", erikprzekop, I'd suggest re-asking on the ones from the original post you're interested in. One at a time.
And hopefully we won't get a reference to the manuals if the manuals don't answer the questions.