Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

ERROR TalendRuntimeServerStateChecker - Connection timed out

Product:
Talend Enterprise Edition ESB v5.6.2

Background / Explanation:
I am running 1 VM as an "administrator", allowing me to utilize 1 TAC, 1 Nexus (Artifact Repo), and 1 SVN (Source Control Repo) for all of my runtime containers. Each of my runtime containers are on a separate VM. The services installed on each are as follows (recommendation by Talend rep):

talendAdmin:

Talend Administration Center
Talend Log Server
Talend Command Line
Talend Job Server
Talend Server Services
Talend ESB
Runtime Containers:

Talend Runtime
Talend Server Services
I have verified, using nmap command, that firewall access is open, allowing talendAdmin to communicate with each runtime container on port 8888.
$ nmap runtime-1 -p 8888 -Pn
Starting Nmap 5.51 ( ) at 2015-08-14 08:12 CDT
Nmap scan report for runtime-1 (IP)
Host is up (0.0092s latency).
PORT     STATE SERVICE
8888/tcp open  sun-answerbook

I keep getting the following errors/warnings in my tac technical log:

ERROR TalendRuntimeServerStateChecker  - Connection timed out
WARN  JMXClient  - Timeout when trying to connect to JMX URL 'service:jmx:jmxmp://runtime-1:8888': null
WARN  JMXClient  - Attempted to close a null JMX connector: service:jmx:jmxmp://runtime-1:8888
WARN  JMXClient  - Socket closed
I understand that port 8888 is the JobServer monitoring port and that I do not have that running on my runtime containers. I am sure that is what is causing the failed connections, as the service is not running on that port. I have no real use for the job server as I am only deploying routes to the runtime containers, so I do not want to have to install and run a service I don't need.

Question:
 How can I get Talend Administration Center to stop trying to hit that port/service?
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The Talend runtime contains always both: a job server and the karaf container. Therefore the TAC checks both.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
there is no way to disable the monitoring check (as it is also a feature of TAC to know if the container is reachable) so my approach would more target to find out what might cause this issue to happen on your side: 
Can you see if the following bundles show an 'Active' state in the Talend Runtime (Web-)Console
(you can access the Web-Console directly from the Server-Tab in TAC (Admin Server' button) or you can use the 'client.bat' in the /bin folder of Talend Runtime to connect to the console. (In the Web-UI you find the status in the 'Bundles' page, in the console view you can type 'list' and you see the status as part of the list output. 
org.hyperic.sigar
org.talend.monitoring
org.talend.monitoring.server
org.talend.remote.commons
org.talend.remote.jobserver.commons
org.talend.remote.jobserver.server
org.talend.remote.server
If one of the bundles is inactive (any status different to 'Active' can you please provide the OS of the machine you use.
Thanks,
Dietmar 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dietmar,

I have a similar issue and I would love to get this fixed.

I have several runtimes running on the same server (with different ports). All fail with the monitoring port, except for one runtime.

I checked the bundle state as suggested. All are active, expected network ports are open.

Which service URL can I use in JConsole to check my connection?

I also noticed an important difference when connecting to the JMX ports via telnet from my TAC server.

The one that is working response after connect:

Escape character is '^]'.
▒▒sr5javax.management.remote.message.HandshakeBeginMessage▒,▒▒▒6profilestLjava/lang/String;Lversionq~xppt1.0PuTTY^CConnection closed by foreign host.

Whereas the connection to my other runtime monitoring port remains empty:

Escape character is '^]'.

0683p000009M1of.jpg

Regards

Jan