Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dineshkumare
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Kill the Running process before the next Schedule trigger in Talend Management Console

Hi Experts,

We had come across a requirement like, whenever user adds any new file in the source directory, Talend ETL process has to begin automatically.

For this we had used twaitforfile component and then --> Our Regular ETL flow.

It is working fine as expected

We have deployed this code and executed once in a Talend Management Console.

But after 3 days, job got failed with the below error

Step 031bf716-c1fc-4e53-a036-9a380e07746d failed with code -1 and error Job stopped with errors or unable to run. (check the task execution logs for the error details)

I had ran manually and again the job got failed with the same error after 2 days 22 hours.

So we had a plan to schedule this job on daily basis, but we don't have an idea how to kill the previous day running processes automatically

Can anyone please help on this scenario

Labels (2)
3 Replies
gjeremy1617088143

HI @DINESHKUMAR ELANGOVAN​ , have you followed this article ?

https://community.talend.com/s/article/Using-file-triggers-in-Talend-Cloud-QSSln

By the way if you can send the task execution log it will be more usefull to analize your error.

Send me love and kudos

dineshkumare
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi gjeremy1617088143

Thanks for the response.

Previously i didn't follow this article

Now I have referred this article and created a job similiar to this and tried executing the job

But below is error i am getting in trestclient component

Can you please help on this

Sep 24, 2021 2:46:56 PM org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils logMessageHandlerProblem

SEVERE: No message body reader has been found for class org.dom4j.Document, ContentType: text/html

Exception in component tRESTClient_1 (tmc_ondemand_trigger)

javax.ws.rs.client.ResponseProcessingException: No message body reader has been found for class org.dom4j.Document, ContentType: text/html

at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.ResponseImpl.reportMessageHandlerProblem(ResponseImpl.java:469)

at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.ResponseImpl.doReadEntity(ResponseImpl.java:422)

at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.ResponseImpl.readEntity(ResponseImpl.java:346)

at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.ResponseImpl.readEntity(ResponseImpl.java:336)

gjeremy1617088143

it seems you have to change the header "content-type" value in the tRestClient component.