Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reneB
Contributor
Contributor

Login to TAC 6.1.1 causes hibernate exception after database upgrade

Hello,
we are running Talend 5.4.1 and try to upgrade to 6.1.1. Our Talend Administration Center is deployed on an Weblogic 12c with an Oracle 12c database. I managed to migrate the database from version 5.4.1 to 6.1.1. and try to get access with the talend default credentials. But what I receive is the error !!!Cannot flush and commit transaction.!!!. See the picture attached to this ticket.
Addionally I get the following exception in the console:
Caused by: org.talend.administrator.common.exception.DBException: !!!Cannot flush and commit transaction.!!!
       at org.talend.administrator.common.persistence.hibernate.HibernateTransactionHolder.commitWithFlush(HibernateTransactionHolder.java:119)
       at org.talend.administrator.common.persistence.hibernate.HibernatePersistenceAdapter.saveOrUpdate(HibernatePersistenceAdapter.java:232)
       ... 45 more
Caused by: org.hibernate.StaleStateException: Batch update returned unexpected row count from update ; actual row count: 0; expected: 1
       at org.hibernate.jdbc.Expectations$BasicExpectation.checkBatched(Expectations.java:61)
       at org.hibernate.jdbc.Expectations$BasicExpectation.verifyOutcome(Expectations.java:46)
       at org.hibernate.jdbc.BatchingBatcher.checkRowCounts(BatchingBatcher.java:68)
       at org.hibernate.jdbc.BatchingBatcher.doExecuteBatch(BatchingBatcher.java:48)
       at org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.executeBatch(AbstractBatcher.java:242)
       at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:235)

The error occurs only if the credentials for the user are valid. If I try to use another browser and try to access the Talend Administration Center, than I'll receive the error user already logged in.
What happened here and how can I solve the issue?
Kind regards,
René
Labels (3)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

The solution of this problem is quite easy. We migrated from Talend 5.4.1 to 6.1.1, but prior to this the database, where the schema of version 5.4.1 was located, was upgraded from Oracle 11g to 12c. The upgade of Talend was following to this. The problem can only be noticed if the ojdbc7.jar file is used. If the ojdbc6.jar is used, than everything works fine.
Best regards,
Christoph