Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anselmopeixoto
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Sudden java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "java" on a RE

I have a recurrent issue happening randomly on a set of Remote Engines.

The Remote Engines are running fine, I can execute Jobs on any of them and then suddenly one o them starts showing the following error when I try to run a Task through TMC or a Job from Studio using Remote Target Exec.

Usually a restart does the trick but I'd like to find the root cause.

Has anyone ever experienced this kind of problem?

Execution failed :org.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: java.net.ConnectException: Server unreachable XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8003, message: Connection refused: connect

[java.net.ConnectException: Server unreachable XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8003, message: Connection refused: connect]

Servidor de Prod: Checking ports...

Sending job 'JobName' to server (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8004)...

File transfer completed.

Deploying job 'JobName' on server (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8003)...

Running job 'JobName'...

Execution failed :org.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: Remote server has encountered an error:

, messageType=SERVER_ERROR, idRequestResponsePair=null, message=java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "java" (in directory "/talend/Talend-RemoteEngine-V2.12.0/TalendJobServersFiles/repository/ProjectName_JobName_20230530_141012_JVN7T/JobName"): error=2, No such file or directory

[Remote server has encountered an error:

, messageType=SERVER_ERROR, idRequestResponsePair=null, message=java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "java" (in directory "/talend/Talend-RemoteEngine-V2.12.0/TalendJobServersFiles/repository/ProjectName_JobName_20230530_141012_JVN7T/JobName"): error=2, No such file or directory

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Anselmo Peixoto​ ,

It's required to use the /usr/bin/java path for some talend jobs while running on RemoteEngine linux env.

The workaround is to ​create a symbolic link for the java executable at /usr/bin/java on the RemoteEngine vm by the below command like:

#ln -s <java_home directory>/bin/java /usr/bin/java

please refer to the article

A Job fails with the error "java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "java": error=2, No such file or...

Thanks

Aiming

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Anselmo Peixoto​ ,

It's required to use the /usr/bin/java path for some talend jobs while running on RemoteEngine linux env.

The workaround is to ​create a symbolic link for the java executable at /usr/bin/java on the RemoteEngine vm by the below command like:

#ln -s <java_home directory>/bin/java /usr/bin/java

please refer to the article

A Job fails with the error "java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "java": error=2, No such file or...

Thanks

Aiming

anselmopeixoto
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hello @Aiming Chen​ 

I didn't expect this to work as the error message was different, and the error was happening to even the simplest job with no tParallelize component, but it did actually work.

Thank you.