Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Irshad1
Contributor
Contributor

TAC unable to read the shared folder files

Hello,

When I am running a job to pull the file from the shared folder in windows, my local job is able to pick the file however when I'm deploying the job using TAC and executing, it throws me an error stating the file is not present. I've given the read/write access to the user-id for the folders and sub-folders however still getting same error. I'm kinda lost here now. could you please guide here?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

This sounds like a permission issue. Your jobs running via the TAC will be running on a Job Server. The Job Server service will be run by a user. That user will therefore be running your jobs. As such, that user needs to have permissions to interact with the folders and files your jobs need to interact with. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Could you please show us your full message in your tac error log?

Best regards

Sabrina

Irshad1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello xdshi

I have attached the error details. I have given all the privileges to the user (read/write/execute) . Howerver still I'm getting this exception. Please guide where exactly I'm missing out.

Thanks!

TAC_error.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, that is a network drive. I still think this is caused by what I suggested. You need to log in as the user running the Talend services and try to navigate to that folder from your Job Server machine. I predict that you will not be able to. This sounds like you will need your IT department to look into networking privileges for that user.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

i have the  same error, do you find solution ?

Vinnie_Pisaniello
Contributor II
Contributor II

I'm having the same issue reading a file from a mapped drive, but have confirmed that when I log into the remote engine (where the job runs) as the user account that the remote engine service uses I can see the "I" drive and access it's contents

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please let us know whether the file has all the permissions and still facing the issue with a screenshot of the specified file and the permission given?

Best regards

Sabrina

Vinnie_Pisaniello
Contributor II
Contributor II

This screenshots shot below, is me logged into the Remote engine, as the account that the Talend RE service runs under. You can see that I can access the shared drive directly in windows, and the folder the user has full permissions to all files and folders. I can access it when using the network path like \\SERVERNAME\SHARENAME but not by going to I:/

The same behavior occurs, if I run it from studio, but choose the RE as the "target of the execution", where in that case, it would run under my domain account and still have the same issue. Job fails with the error of tFileList_1 No file found in directory I:/ because it can't read the mapped drive

0695b00000db7mgAAA.png0695b00000db7mWAAQ.png

novosartovt
Contributor
Contributor

is there any update on this or solution ? We also facing same exact issue we can access files on Windows Machine with same account as Talend runs under but when we run the job it says file not found . Talend support any solutions here ? !