Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliemar84
Contributor
Contributor

TMC How to run a plan from within a plan? Or to run tasks in parallel with seperate sequences

Hello,

I'm trying to create a "master" plan as you will, which runs several tasks and/or plans.

Currently, I'm facing the problem that I'm unable to run 4 tasks in step 2 in parallel where each task has their own unique sequence of tasks. Please see the picture for reference.

What I want to do is, that in Step 2, that tasks 2+3+4+5 are able to activate the sequence behind them (2->7, 3->8, 4->9, 5->10).

However, if I make 2 to 5 parallel, I can't let them perform their own taks in Step 3. Hence I figured to create a plan for each task to enable their "second" task. Which works, however I can not add a plan in a step itself it seems. Only as a handler, but that would only work if the step fails. The TMC documentation doesn't seem to cover this.

Any help is much appriciated. Many thanks in advance.

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe create a main job to contain both 2 and 7, so that you can control the execution order in sequence, deploy the main job as a task.