Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lorenzo5
Creator
Creator

Unable to delete Execution Plans

Hi,

I have a couple of execution plans to delete, but when I try to delete them the TAC returns an error.

The first Execution Plan I have is empty (no trigger, no Jobs inside) but, still, I'm not able to get rid of it. When I try to delete, TAC ask me "are you sure?" and also "... delete all logs?" and I answer YES (of course) on both of them... but nothing happens.

The second Plan has no trigger configured but has one Job and I'm not able to delete neither the Plan (no any error message) nor the Job ("Operation failed: org.talend.administrat...")

How to clean everything?

Regards,

Lorenzo

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Is there any more error message in TAC log? Could you please indicate on which talend build version you got this issue?

Best regards

Sabrina

Tobi1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lorenzo, 

I have the exact same problem. I cannot find any logs to this regard in the Tomcat log. I have seen more people having the same problem:

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/I-can-t-delete-some-items-from-Execution-Plan...

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Issue-when-trying-to-delete-an-Execution-plan...

I cannot even delete single jobs from an existing execution plan. I only receive the following error message:

0683p000009Lsp8.png

Which is a problem, because then I have to create a new execution plan, which is a tedious work.

It seems to be an old problem in Talend which is still present. Talend itself never gave an indication, by what it is caused. Maybe now?

Is it maybe a corrupt state of the underlying H2-database?

Help would be really much appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Tobi,

With your subscription solution, could you please create a new case on talend support portal so that we can give you a remote asistance through support cycle with priority?

Best regards

Sabrina

shivanand
Contributor III
Contributor III

I faced the same issue . but I found a cheap way to do it.

delete it 4-5 times and then log out and log in back ..execution plan will be deleted.

Tobi1
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, that did not work for me. The reason seems to be a corrupted H2 database. It seems there is no way around a database migration H2 => enterprise database.

Lorenzo5
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sabrina,

no more logs in the TAC log file.

The version is 6.2.1.

Any news from the point of view of a generic fix, not case by case?

Regards,

Lorenzo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We suspect a plan tree structure is broken and cannot be removed. However we need to know why data has been broken and if there're other impacts. Our support team and r&d are lack of information why and how data broken happens. We will appreciate it a lot if you would like to have a webex session with us.

Best regards

Sabrina