Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] Error when starting Talend Log Server

Hello Team,

I am configuring Talend Administration Center and running into problem with Log Server. According to the documentation:
The Logstash host and port parameter will get green when you will start the Talend Log Server, by executing start_logserver.bat (Windows) or start_logserver.sh (Linux).
Unfortunately when I execute  start_logserver.bat I get the following exception:

no known master node, scheduling a retry
failed to connect to master ]], retrying...
org.elasticsearch.transport.ConnectTransportException: ] connect_timeout
at org.elasticsearch.transport.netty.NettyTransport.connectToChannels(NettyTransport.java:797)
at org.elasticsearch.transport.netty.NettyTransport.connectToNode(NettyTransport.java:731)
at org.elasticsearch.transport.netty.NettyTransport.connectToNode(NettyTransport.java:704)
at org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService.connectToNode(TransportService.java:216)
at org.elasticsearch.discovery.zen.ZenDiscovery.joinElectedMaster(ZenDiscovery.java:464)
at org.elasticsearch.discovery.zen.ZenDiscovery.innerJoinCluster(ZenDiscovery.java:416)
at org.elasticsearch.discovery.zen.ZenDiscovery.access$6100(ZenDiscovery.java:85)
at org.elasticsearch.discovery.zen.ZenDiscovery$JoinThreadControl$1.run(ZenDiscovery.java:1373)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information: /169.254.77.21:9301
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:717)
at org.elasticsearch.common.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioClientBoss.connect(NioClientBoss.java:152)
at org.elasticsearch.common.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioClientBoss.processSelectedKeys(NioClientBoss.java:105)
at org.elasticsearch.common.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioClientBoss.process(NioClientBoss.java:79)
at org.elasticsearch.common.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioSelector.run(AbstractNioSelector.java:337)
at org.elasticsearch.common.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioClientBoss.run(NioClientBoss.java:42)
at org.elasticsearch.common.netty.util.ThreadRenamingRunnable.run(ThreadRenamingRunnable.java:108)
at org.elasticsearch.common.netty.util.internal.DeadLockProofWorker$1.run(DeadLockProofWorker.java:42)
... 3 more

observer: timeout notification from cluster service. timeout setting , time since start

I tried to make changes to elasticsearch.yml file to define master node explicitly but no luck. My final goal here is to configure ESB dashboards, which currently don't work at all, and my assumption is that elasticsearch error above may be the cause of dashboards not working correctly. All other components were started successfully as described in Talend documentation (Starting Talend Runtime and Starting the Talend Administration Center:  https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Starting%252Bthe%252Bsoftware
We are using Talend 6.0.1 ESB Subscription.

Please advise.

Thank you,
Svetlana
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

it was fixed by adding more memory to the vm.
Cheers,
Svetlana

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
If you want to use cluster support, then add the same cluster name to every node, e.g
cluster => "talend-001"
in the Talend-LogServer/logstash-talend.conf
Or you can disable the cluster support by setting :
discovery.zen.ping.multicast.enabled: false
in the config/elasticsearch.yml
HTH
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much for your help! I was able to start log server. Unfortunately it did not fix issues with dashboard. I have stopped and started all services as per documentation, then deployed test application with Use Service Activity Monitoring and Use Service Locator options enabled and called it several times, but still I am getting exceptions in log file and dashboard never goes live. I have undeployed all previous applications leaving only one running but still no luck. 
Please advise.
Thank you!
Here is exception in tesb.log file:
08:58:11,261 | WARN  | ool-174-thread-1 | locator.monitor.LocatorMonitor$1  161 | 560 - locator-monitor - 6.0.1 | Endpoint for Service {http://www.talend.org/rest/}testJob with Address http://10.166.32.190:8088/ is down since Jan 6, 2016 8:51:38 AM 08:58:11,264 | INFO  | ool-174-thread-1 | locator.monitor.LocatorMonitor$1  171 | 560 - locator-monitor

To see the whole post, download it here
OriginalPost.pdf
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Have you already started the EL agent and EL server with ElasticSearch as backend?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
After your previous reply that helped me to resolve issues with elastic search, I stopped everything and started everything again following talend documentation 2.4.1 (Starting Talend Runtime), 2.4.2 (Starting the Talend Administration Center) and 2.4.4(Starting the ESB dashboards). Which means that after executing  start_logserver.bat,  I executed following commands
tesb:start-el-server
tesb:stop-el-server
Change the configuration of the  org.talend.eventlogging.server.cfg file
tesb:start-el-default
tesb:stop-sam
tesb:start-sam-retrieval-service
tesb:start-el-samlistener
tesb:start-el-locatorlistener
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,
Anybody can help please? Exception is still happening 0683p000009MPcz.png
Thanks!
Svetlana
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

it was fixed by adding more memory to the vm.
Cheers,
Svetlana