Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grayfloor
Contributor
Contributor

How to monitor error "Cannot open file" / "Failed to open file in write mode"

Hi Community

We regularly have an issue that one file fails to open so the task fails. The error in QMC>Tasks looks like this:

Spoiler
20240117T135530.206+0100 Error: Cannot open file: 'Lib://xxxxx.qvd' (Native Path: xxx.qvd
20240117T135530.206+0100 System error: Failed to open file in write mode for file: xxxx.qvd)
20240117T135530.275+0100 Execution Failed
20240117T135530.281+0100 Execution finished.

I want my monitoring tool (PRTG) to search log files for this issue so that I can react on the error before the customer finds the problem but cannot find any log file where this error is listed except downloading the file from QMC>Tasks. 

Is there a log file where this error can be found so I can monitor this file?

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rakesh_HB
Support
Support

Hello @grayfloor ,

It seems you are having problems with QVD's being locked, please refer to the following articles:

How to resolve problems related to locked QVD files

Concurrent Read and Write from/to a QVD file may result in one of the tasks failing

Process Monitoring - How to find locked files and the processes locking them

And, the error you mentioned will appear in Qlik Sense Script logs. For more information, please read How to find the Script (Reload) logs in Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows  

Thanks!

Rakesh HB

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@grayfloor This says QVD not loaded correctly, In the first place If I can see error there is no Connection defined towards your source?  Working with QVD files | Qlik Sense on Windows Help

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Rakesh_HB
Support
Support

Hello @grayfloor ,

It seems you are having problems with QVD's being locked, please refer to the following articles:

How to resolve problems related to locked QVD files

Concurrent Read and Write from/to a QVD file may result in one of the tasks failing

Process Monitoring - How to find locked files and the processes locking them

And, the error you mentioned will appear in Qlik Sense Script logs. For more information, please read How to find the Script (Reload) logs in Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows  

Thanks!

Rakesh HB
grayfloor
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Rakesh_HB 

Thanks for the links, there are some new articles to me which I will try to use to solve my problem when it appears again.