Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlesage
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Cloud basic users cannot use alerting or subscription features

Hi;

Qlik Cloud basic users in a capacity license are not able to set up alerts or subscriptions. 

This is not documented on the Qlik Help page.

Can this be added?

KR
R

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @rlesage .

At https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Admin/SaaS-user-entitlem...  we specify clearly what a "Basic" user can do:

"As a Basic User, you can only have the role Has restricted view in managed spaces. This role allows you to perform the following actions:

For a comprehensive list of permissions granted by the Has restricted view role, see Managed space permissions for users with Professional or Full User entitlement."

What is not specified there cannot be done.
But I agree that maybe we could clarify that better in the "Managed space permissions for users with Professional or Full User entitlement" page, so I have asked our documentation team to check this (HLP-16964) 

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Are you looking for this ..

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Reporting/Subscription-r...

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
rlesage
Author

Not, I am not looking for that.

When working with capacity based licenses, the basic user (compared to the full user) can only be granted restricted view access in managed spaces. If a user is only granted restricted view access, the user cannot use the built-in alert & subscription functionalities. As such, basic users cannot create subscriptions or alerts themselves. This is not mentioned on the Qlik help page. 

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @rlesage .

At https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Admin/SaaS-user-entitlem...  we specify clearly what a "Basic" user can do:

"As a Basic User, you can only have the role Has restricted view in managed spaces. This role allows you to perform the following actions:

For a comprehensive list of permissions granted by the Has restricted view role, see Managed space permissions for users with Professional or Full User entitlement."

What is not specified there cannot be done.
But I agree that maybe we could clarify that better in the "Managed space permissions for users with Professional or Full User entitlement" page, so I have asked our documentation team to check this (HLP-16964) 

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
Neodarwin
Contributor
Contributor

hi

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @rlesage ,

we have now documented the restrictions for users with "Has Restricted View" around subscriptions and alerts.

Daniele_Purrone_0-1720706656717.png

Thanks for reporting this!