Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

QlikView - About QMC Alarms...

In QlikView's QMC, alarms and messages like the picture below are coming out.

Does it mean that it has a different setting value from the existing value, so it is changed back to the default value after restarting the service?

1) Why is this message appearing?
2) Need Restart appears, but if you restart, does it change to the default value or does the Existing Value apply?
3) Clicking the power icon will restart the whole service? Or is only the QDS service restarted?
4) Even if that alarm is coming out, is there any problem during operation?

Please reply after checking.

seheon_1-1666082864512.png

seheon_2-1666083000584.png

Thanks & Regards.

Labels (3)
5 Replies
rva
Partner - Contributor III

hi!

Seems like you have changed some settings in your QlikView Distribution Service (==Publisher) that needs a restart of this service.

The Powericon will just do a graceful stop of your Distribution Service (Running tasks do have some minutes to finish, before the service will stop). You have to manually start it again via services.msc on your Windows Server.

Your "non default setttings" will still apply after restart. They are stored in the .exe.config of your Distribution Service.

qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I changed the settings a few months ago.
But this alarm is appearing now.

Is there such a case?

Please answer.

Thanks & Regards.

rva

hi!

Typically you get this message when you change some setting Distribution Setting in the QMC (like Application Data Folder, LogLevel etc).

It has nothing to do with those "non-default settings". If you have done it correctly, the Distribution service was anyway stopped while you were editing those settings in the .exe.config. And then you restarted the service anyway.

So I guess it is related to some change you did later. Currently your service runs with the "old" settings. After a restart the new settings will be applied. But I have no idea how you can find out which settings were actually changed (maybe ther is a chance if you have QMC Audit log active?)

qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

QMC Audit log active was previously enabled.

I need to tell you why this message is appearing, but I don't know why it's appearing because I haven't set it up recently.

How to respond to users?

Please reply after checking.

Thanks & Regards.

David_Friend
Support
Support

@qwebnm if you still need help I would suggest posting in the QlikView forum...this forum is for Qlik Alerting (totally different product)