Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sebastian_Dec
Creator II
Creator II

The search index is incomplete. Smart Search might be slower than expected.

Sorry if I chose the wrong Board Selector.

When loading the application I get an error:  "The search index is incomplete. Smart Search might be slower than expected."

The search index is incomplete. Smart Search might be slower than expected.

The app loaded without a problem. Today we clogged the server, it has run out of space. Space has been freed up, approx. 50 GB, the application is 200 MB.

We are planning to restart the server, but in the evening, and it would be good if the applications were running now.

Sebastian_Dec_0-1690882646089.png

I checked the forum and found a similar topic, but the error is different:

"Failed to create search index" script error durin... - Qlik Community - 1715642

Thanks & Regards,
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sebastian_Dec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thx @cristianj23a thanks for the hint.

- We leave the RAM as it is, average consumption 33%, sharply up to 80-90%.

- We'll check the code again and apply more GROUP BY.

Generally speaking, after freeing up disk space and restarting the server, we don't have any more errors, so it's stable  🙂

So I don't know... I giving this answer accept as solution because we didn't do anything and the problem fixed itself?

Thanks & Regards,
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
cristianj23a
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I would have to see your full code because 6 million data records is nothing with 50GB of RAM.
Surely somewhere in your code your tables are not being related well.

Regarts.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/cristianjorge/
Do not forget to mark as "Accepted Solution" the comment that resolves the doubt.
Sebastian_Dec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

It's not some special code. Links invoices to products and items in stock. Only Load and Left Join. Where there is a need, e.g. articles, there is Group by.
These 6 million records equal 6 million invoices.
When we work, for example, on receipts, the records are +100'000'000.

I can share the code, but I need some time to:
a) hiding the company name data from the code
b) translation from Polish to English to make it easier to understand.

Thanks & Regards,
cristianj23a
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

So if it's a data issue and you're considering good practices, you could do 2 things.
1.- Increase the RAM.
2.- Reduce the data using GROUP BY to group the necessary data and so you don't need so many details.
It really depends on the goal you have.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/cristianjorge/
Do not forget to mark as "Accepted Solution" the comment that resolves the doubt.
Sebastian_Dec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thx @cristianj23a thanks for the hint.

- We leave the RAM as it is, average consumption 33%, sharply up to 80-90%.

- We'll check the code again and apply more GROUP BY.

Generally speaking, after freeing up disk space and restarting the server, we don't have any more errors, so it's stable  🙂

So I don't know... I giving this answer accept as solution because we didn't do anything and the problem fixed itself?

Thanks & Regards,