Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gal_polak
Creator
Creator

Accumulating count zero when selecting dates

Hi, 

I have a line chart that basically count the number of users i have on time line, with accumulating formula:

RangeSum(Above(Count({$<RecordSource = {'UserCreated'}, $(=SetAnalysisPopulation)>} Distinct UserID), 0, RowNo())) 

but when selecting dates in the chart, the numbers are dropping, 
i guess i understand way, 

but how can i prevent this? 

I would like to be able to filter the count with other dimensions but disregard the slicing of the time dimension in the line chart.

see attached video

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
gal_polak
Creator
Creator
Author

So what you suggested didn't work. 

but it seems that this is working:

$(=
RangeSum(Above(
Count({$<RecordSource = {'UserCreated'}, $(=SetAnalysisPopulation),Date={'<$(=Min(Date))'}, [Week Start Date]=>} Distinct UserID)
,0,RowNo()))
)

+

RangeSum(Above(Count({$<RecordSource = {'UserCreated'}, $(=SetAnalysisPopulation)>} Distinct UserID), 0, RowNo()))

basically adding the accumulating count  up until the selected date. 

View solution in original post

sunny_talwar

If this is the route you want to go... why do you need RangeSum() in the first part of the expression... this should work too

$(=Count({$<RecordSource = {'UserCreated'}, $(=SetAnalysisPopulation),Date={'<$(=Min(Date))'}, [Week Start Date]=>} Distinct UserID)
)

+

Having said that, the expression I provided should have worked as well... all you needed was to replace the field you are making selection/s in the first part of the expression.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try ignoring selection in Date field within the Count() function and then multiply with a dummy expression

RangeSum(Above(
  Count({$<DateField, RecordSource = {'UserCreated'}, $(=SetAnalysisPopulation)>} Distinct UserID)
, 0, RowNo()))

Avg({<RecordSource = {'UserCreated'}, $(=SetAnalysisPopulation)>} 1)

gal_polak
Creator
Creator
Author

So what you suggested didn't work. 

but it seems that this is working:

$(=
RangeSum(Above(
Count({$<RecordSource = {'UserCreated'}, $(=SetAnalysisPopulation),Date={'<$(=Min(Date))'}, [Week Start Date]=>} Distinct UserID)
,0,RowNo()))
)

+

basically adding the accumulating count  up until the selected date. 

sunny_talwar

If this is the route you want to go... why do you need RangeSum() in the first part of the expression... this should work too

$(=Count({$<RecordSource = {'UserCreated'}, $(=SetAnalysisPopulation),Date={'<$(=Min(Date))'}, [Week Start Date]=>} Distinct UserID)
)

+

Having said that, the expression I provided should have worked as well... all you needed was to replace the field you are making selection/s in the first part of the expression.

gal_polak
Creator
Creator
Author

I guess you are right, 

also tested what you suggested, and it works the same.

thx!