cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Siggi_Swiss
Creator
Creator

Ad-hoc Table with Alternate States

I have issues to create a table in Qlik Sense with calculated conditions and Alternate States.

my steps:

• went to master elements and created two date fields out of my Date field in the data modelSiggi_Swiss_0-1707228776064.png

• i created a table with simple messures like sum(value) etc. and dimensions with a conditions like "=if(wildmatch(concat(GetFieldSelections(Dim),','),'*1*'),1,0)"
  • also i set a condition for the whole table 
  • Siggi_Swiss_2-1707228970740.png
  • now if i select a Dim the table show my measures and selected dimension - perfect
  • for comparison i duplicated the table
  • Now if i set the Alternate State, all conditions stop working!
  • Siggi_Swiss_3-1707229199086.pngSiggi_Swiss_4-1707229253707.png

What can i do? Is this a Bug?

Labels (1)
12 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@Siggi_Swiss Make sure you used the alternate state for this field as well "Dim", so that both can talk each other on the same state.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Siggi_Swiss
Creator
Creator
Author

Hey @Anil_Babu_Samineni thanks for your response. Can you provide how i have to change the condition "GetSelectedCount(Dim)>0" to work properly? 

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@Siggi_Swiss However you have applied to chart, similar way you can apply for list box/filter pane.

Anil_Babu_Samineni_0-1707230410395.png

Once done, you can try the response and confirm back!

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Siggi_Swiss
Creator
Creator
Author

Hey @Anil_Babu_Samineni , ah you get my question wrong i guess. The problem is not alternate states working or calculation conditions working. The problem is that its not working together.

Like i said, after i set the Alternate State to my table, all my calculated conditions stop working. 

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@Siggi_Swiss You can share sample QVF to test what is not working, so we cna guide you.

Siggi_Swiss
Creator
Creator
Author

Hey @Anil_Babu_Samineni appreciate your willing to help! Unfortunately its not possible to share data like a .qvf because of our security guidelines. However its just a simple table with the steps i mentioned above. Basically you could just try to set a condition for a table like i did and try to add a alternate state you created before in master items. If the condition still works after that its on my site, otherwise its on Qlik site i guess.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@Siggi_Swiss Please see here

Anil_Babu_Samineni_0-1707231700636.png

After I added Alternate state, this is how it is!

Anil_Babu_Samineni_1-1707231736648.png

Now I have attached the file for you, If you are expecting something please modify with this QVF and send it to us to test.

Siggi_Swiss
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for providing the QVF. To reproduce the problem just let Dim1 as your dimension in the table and set Dim2 as Date1 State as well as the table.

Now if you select a value in Dim1 nothing happens

Siggi_Swiss_0-1707232526911.png

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@Siggi_Swiss We always suggest you to reproduce the sample file and ask what you need from then. After i  setup as you suggest it is still selective from Dim1 interacting with Tabular.