Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_S
Contributor II
Contributor II

Aligning Axis on Two Separate Charts

Hi all Qlik Experts,

I'm curious to know if Qlik can fully support the theories of the International Business Communication Standard.

I'm struggling with 2 separate points;

1) If 2 charts are using the Same Time Dimension on the X axis and they are shown on the same page, then they should align and use the same spacing. Currently, I show Current Year and Prior Year on one chart, and the differential above it (See example).

image.png

Is there anyway to force these to align?

2) Charts on the same page should use the same scaling on the Y axis if they are using the same units (Currency, Weights, Volume, Quantity etc).

Labels (1)
2 Replies
barnabyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

G'day @Andrew_S,

This is one of the features we used to have on QlikView and has not yet been added to Qlik Sense (afaik). I checked the Ideation to see if there are any open enhancement suggestions for this but could not find any.

I have a couple of suggestions that might help give you a good outcome:

1. if you make your charts as similar as you can then they should naturally line up - your two charts are different (one has a single expression, the other has two expressions) so they behave differently
  2. many people use a combo chart for this type of visualisation - that is a good option
  3. try using a bullet chart - that gives you plenty of flexibility to have multiple measures on a single chart

I hope that helps - if you decide to add an entry to Ideation, then post it here and I'm sure you'll get some support.

Cheers, Barnaby.

Barnaby Dunn
BI Consultant
Andrew_S
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Barnaby, Thanks for your feedback. I used Qlikview quite a bit, then moved to Qliksense (but we had lots of extensions and add ins), now I'm at a new company and I'm using vanilla Qliksense for the first time.

I know they did lots of "streamlining" and "simplifying" but so far that just seems to equate to removal of features. I feared you might say that was the case here.

It'd be nice to know from Qlik if there was an intent to turn these back on at some point. I don't know if this is the correct forum to do such wishlisting 🙂