Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paolo_cordini
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Apparent set analysis inconsistency

Hello

In my Datamodel there is a calendar, linked to the fact table, as usual…:

paolo_cordini_0-1716280209865.png

Now, the measure in the table below has a set analysis which selects the dates above April 20th

paolo_cordini_1-1716280209869.png

The field “DataMovSettimana” contains the week, it is calculated in the script as Week(DataMov).

As you can see, the current selection is DataMovSettimana=18.

Then, as expected, the result is the intersection of the set analysis and the current selections, thus showing only dates pertaining to week 18.

So, the result of the table below is the expected one.

Then, I remove the dimension “DataMovSettimana” from the table, without modifying anything in the selections, and the result is shown below:

paolo_cordini_2-1716280209871.png

As you can see, the measure total value is different as it apparently disregards the selection of the week. Moreover, the espression “week(DataMov)” is not calculated for the dates excluded in the set analysis.

Then, I remove one of the selections (not the week). Now the result is correct….

paolo_cordini_3-1716280209873.png

Moreover, how this can be explained?

paolo_cordini_4-1716280209876.png

In order to debug it, I made a copy of the date fields, both in the fact table and in the calendar table

paolo_cordini_5-1716280209876.png

paolo_cordini_6-1716280209877.png

This is the result. Does it make sense? Anyway, it is a workaround for me in order to get correct results.

paolo_cordini_7-1716280209879.png

I guess there is some datamodel issue but I am running out of ideas to throubleshoot it.

Any suggestion?

Labels (1)
20 Replies
paolo_cordini
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello everybody 

I have news on this topic. This has been recognized as a defect by the support.

At the end I was quite sure about that, as there were no other explanation left.

Thank you again for your effort tryng to find an explanation, I lost a lot of time too as I couldn't believe it is a flaw in the engine.

Paolo