Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twanqlik
Creator
Creator

Apply Aggr function on 1 dimension in multiple listboxes

In my Qlik Sense application i'm trying to create multiple filterings on 1 dimension in several listboxes:

Listbox 1: Filter on a rate between 0-100% --> apply on Dimension: Email_Name

=Aggr(if (($(vUnique_Open_Rate) >= 0 and $(vUnique_Open_Rate) <= 1) or isnull($(vUnique_Open_Rate)), 'Between 0% - 100% ') , Email_Name)

Listbox 2: Filter on XX number --. Apply on Dimension: Email_Name

=Aggr(if (($(vSent) >= $(vEmail_Sent_Input)), 'Greater than: '& $(vEmail_Sent_Input)), Email_Name)

Both the listboxes work, however, when i make a selection in Listbox 1 it also automatically makes a selection in Listbox 2.

I assume that is because i use the same dimension in both the expressions.

How can i overcome this problem?

Ps. when I make 1 selection, it doesn't mean that it automatically includes the selections from the other listbox, see below for this:

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

4 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The problem is due to the fact that when you make selections on a calculated field, such as in your listboxes, then the selection is actually being applied to the underlying physical fields. So a selection in listbox 1 as really making a selection on Email_Name. This is reflected as a current selection in listbox 2 as it has the same underlying field(s).

The workaround is that you need to modify the load script to derive  these values as physical fields. This needs to be done at a suitable level of granularity so that your users can still make selections.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you need more detailed help, I suggest that you supply some details of the data model and your load script, as well as the variables in your expressions.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
twanqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Oke that make sense.

In this dashboard the expressions are based on the 'Consumer_ID'. Hence, aggregation in the script is not really possible.

Based on your explanation it would mean that i can also create a second dimension field, which is bascially is a duplicate (Email_Name and Email_Name1). However, that I think is not the nicest solution.

twanqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Is it possible to add both the Aggr functions in 1 listbox.

Because then i can make a few combinations , that will also work for me.