Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JessicaS0110
Contributor
Contributor

Can we have the donut chart show all other parts even after selection?

Hello, 

I am working on a dashboard that contains multiple donut charts. I want to know if it possible to keep the view that will show all the other shares in the pie chart, instead of it becoming on ring after clicking on the green checkmark. I have attached pictures for better reference. So basically we do not want one selection to show we still want to see the rest of the donut chart even after selection. 

Thank you!

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Jessica,

Yes, you can do it in several ways.

The simplest one is to ignore selections by using Set Analysis {1}, like this:

Instead of

sum(Value)

, use

sum({1} Value)

This formula will ignore any user selections.

Alternatively, you can formulate your Set Analysis to ignore just some of the selections.

Or, you can place your pie chart in an Alternate State that would have a separate set of selections, if needed.

If you do use Alternate States, then you can compare the "possible" values in the default state with the value in the pie, and color the possible values with one set of colors, while coloring all excluded values with more subdued colors.

If you'd like to learn more about Set Analysis, Alternate States, and many other advanced development techniques, join us at the Masters Summit for Qlik on November 14-16 in New Orleans!

Cheers,

JessicaS0110
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you so much for this useful information! I used sum({1})cost) and it worked so now the donut chart looks like image 1 after selection. However, the second donut chart is based on the selection of the first donut chart. After selection it does not look like image 1, it will show no part is selected as seen in image 2 and 3. If you could help me fix this so all donut charts after selection look like the first one, it will be appreciated. Thank you!

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Jessica,

I don't think I understand the specific of your app and the differences between the three donuts. If you apply the same Set Analysis {1} to all three donuts, they will all ignore selection. If you want to respect selections in some of the donuts, then don't use {1} in them. I am afraid I can't help you more without delving into very specific details of your app.

Cheers,