Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring_Developer
Creator III
Creator III

Combine two fields into one single dimension Qliksense

Hello All,

I have below fields in my data model and I have used them as filter like below :-

Aspiring_Developer_0-1659600126539.png

Aspiring_Developer_1-1659600148055.png

I wish to combine them into one single dimension named as 'Speed' covering the values in both the fields.

I tried using concat but it is giving me the values of only first dimension and not for the second one.

Can anyone please anyone ?

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
4 Replies
vidyutverma
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Could you share your script? Concate should have worked, if you are renaming both fields to Speed.

Aspiring_Developer
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @vidyutverma 

Thanks for your response.

Both the fields are coming from different tables and I tried to concatenate in front end. Here is my script:-

Aspiring_Developer_0-1659610666202.pngAspiring_Developer_1-1659610704189.pngAspiring_Developer_2-1659610729832.png

Thanks

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi

Would need the Two dimension on a single table then you can something like you did in with brand and date to get key_SpeedB.

Where you create your link table, can you not join the values in? create you combined dimension and maybe drop the fields again?

Lakshminarayanan_J

Hi @vidyutverma ,

1. Kindly try to concate the script .  Speed and Speed_Bracket . And rename the field " Speed Bracket " as Speed  and load the data( It will concate Automatically)

2. Rename the Speed Bracket Field as Speed and join the table.

Lakshminarayanan J
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button