Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oddgeir
Contributor III
Contributor III

Comparing and filtering with null

Hi

I am trying to set up comparison of two selected snapshots to find the difference. 
However I can't find how to keep unmatched data. Is there a good way to do this?

Here's some simplified data

Data: 
Load * Inline [
Day	, Item 		, Qty
1	, Apples	, 2
1	, Pears		, 4
1	, Plums		, 5
2	, Apples	, 1
2	, Pears		, 3
2   , Bananas	, 7
3	, Apples	, 4
3	, Plums		, 2
3   , Bananas	, 4
];

I want to give the user an option to select two days, and have the diff calculated automatically. However the unmatched data give me a headache. I can't get this set up (in a way that scales) without missing information when there's no match. 

I want a table with the Items where I have one column with sum for the selected first day, and another column with the selected second day. Like this

1 3 Diff
Apples 2 4 2
Pears 4 0 -4
Plums 5 2 -3
Bananas 0 4 4

(Day selection doesn't have to be header. That's just for the convenience of display)

As this table will have a significant amount of data it should be possible to still search/filter the table just like a normal table.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
marcus_sommer

You may try something like this:

rangesum(-sum({< Day = {1}>} Qty), sum({< Day = {3}>} Qty))

oddgeir
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes Set Analysis can work. Only issue with this solution is that  "I want to give the user an option to select". I guess I'll have to get the values from some selection into some variables then.

marcus_sommer

In this case you will need a calculated dimension, maybe with something like:

aggr(rangesum(-sum({< Day = {1}>} Qty), sum({< Day = {3}>} Qty)), Item)