Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnMcDoe
Contributor
Contributor

Comparing two data sources into a PivotTable

Dear community,

I've gotten pretty far with developing a dashboard of mine, but I seem to be stuck at something:

From data side I am loading two tables in which I'm importing current and last week data.
I built a pivot table to compare some figures from the two datasets above.
Problem is with the comparison itself, I can't seem to "marry" the two together. I can't "lookup" the same category in the historical table dynamically, only if I specifically specify it with a if condition. Categories are the same between the two tables:

JohnMcDoe_0-1591886103547.png

The calculation formula I am using:

Sum({<LastFriday.CurrentStage = {'Assigned','Created'}>} if(LastFriday.MainCategory = MainCategory , [SalesValue1LastFriday]))

(Highlighted is the part that probably needs changing)

So in short, I need to match LastFriday.MainCategory (the MainCategory field from the LastFriday table) to the same field in the Pivot Table, which uses the non-historic MainCategory values). I tried to account for this with a simple if  as seen above, but the data it spits is not accurate. If I manually specify the category: 

Sum({<LastFriday.CurrentStage = {'Assigned','Created'}>} if(LastFriday.MainCategory = 'B' , [SalesValue1LastFriday]))

then it works flawlessly, it's just then applies it to every row, obviously.

0 Replies