Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Complex set analysis question please....

Hi there,

I would like to select several ID's and return 2 ID's for each ID selected, where Type and Class value match the selected ID.

The below example shows the selection of ID's 1 and 4 to return:

ID's 2 and 3 (first two records with same possible values for Type and Class as ID 1

ID's 5 and 6 (first two records same possible values for Type and Class as ID 4

Data
IDTypeClassSales
11A10
21A10
31A10
42C20
52C30
62C10
72C21
83D34
93D21
104D10
Resulting Table
IDTypeClassSales
21A10
31A10
52C30
62C10

I have tried the following expression, but am only getting the two selected results (ID 1 and 4), image attached...

IF(RANK(AGGR(Sum({1<ID = ,Type = (P(Type)),Class = (P([Class]))>}[Sales]),ID))<=2,

Sum({1<ID = ,Type = (P(Type)),Class = (P([Class]))>}[Sales]),)

Please can someone advise as to the correct expression?

I have also attached a small test Qlik Sense QVF.

Thank you!!!

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this

Sum({1<ID = p({<Type = p(Type), Class = p(Class), ID = e(ID)>})>}[Sales])

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you!

This returns all values with the same possible values as the ID's selected, but not only 2 records for each ID selection, therefore ID 7 is still included, image attached.

Any help appreciated!

Expression Test 2.PNG

sunny_talwar

Sorry, I am confused... why should 7 be not selected? In your image, it has the same Type and Class as 4? So we would expect it to show up, right?

In my version, I see this

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It does have the same type and class as 4, but we want to rank the results to top 2 based on each selection,

for example, if there was 10 ID's with the same Type and Class as ID 4, we only want to show the Top 2 results based on values derived from ID 4.

Only the two results for each selection are required, therefore number of records within the resulting table are GetSelectedCount(ID)*2 (where there are two results for each selection)

Thanks

sunny_talwar

For just seeing two of each, try this

If(Only({1<ID = p({<Type = p(Type), Class = p(Class), ID = e(ID)>})>}Aggr(Rank(Only({1<ID = p({<Type = p(Type), Class = p(Class), ID = e(ID)>})>}-ID)), Type, Class, ID)) < 3,

Sum({1<ID = p({<Type = p(Type), Class = p(Class), ID = e(ID)>})>}[Sales]))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Than you very much!!!

Exaclt what I needed, much appreciated

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am unable to make this answer as correct currently as the actions drop-down isn't generating, but I will try to do this tomorrow.

Thanks again

cmorri1988
Creator
Creator

Sunny,

do you know if there is a way to get the selected ID relevant to each result within the table such as?

ID

TypeClassSalesSelected ID
21A101
31A101
52C304
62C10  4

Thanks

sunny_talwar

May be this

If(Only({1<ID = p({<Type = p(Type), Class = p(Class), ID = e(ID)>})>}Aggr(Rank(Only({1<ID = p({<Type = p(Type), Class = p(Class), ID = e(ID)>})>}-ID)), Type, Class, ID)) < 3,

Only(TOTAL <Type, Class> ID))

Capture.PNG