Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qliksensedlin
Contributor II
Contributor II

Cumulative Average Rating over Distinct Reviews by RangeSum and Aggr

Hi,

I have a data set that contains product reviews and their respective ratings (1 to 5). I'd like to create a chart to display the cumulative average rating trend by each product.

Here is the expression I used to calculate the cumulative average rating:

RangeSum(Above(Sum(Agg(DISTINCT review_rating, review_id)), 0, RowNo()))

/

RangeSum(Above(Count(DISTINCT review_id), 0, RowNo()))

As I have the same reviews spanning across multiple rows, I need to take the distinct reviews with their ratings.

This expression works fine when I try it in a table. It calculates the correct cumulative average rating for different products for me. However, it is not working when I add it to my line chart. The same expression will just give me the monthly average rating instead. No cumulation happens.

My line chart has MonthName(review_date) as the Group and product_name as the bar.

Thanks in advance for any tips and help.

Labels (1)
11 Replies
qliksensedlin
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your help. However, this will just result in a single line in the chart. No product specific line is available.

I think I will just accept the fact that accumulation could not work for months invisible in the chart and apply the previous expression you suggested.

Aggr(

RangeSum(Above(Sum({<review_month=>} Agg(DISTINCT review_rating, review_id)), 0, RowNo()))
  /
  RangeSum(Above(Count({<review_month=>} DISTINCT review_id), 0, RowNo()))

, product, (review_month, (NUMERIC)))

Thank you.

sunny_talwar

I think I am running into an issue where I am not 100% sure what you are after. May be if you can share a sample where we can see the issue, I might be able to help better.

Best,
Sunny