Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sajalgour2309
Contributor II
Contributor II

Custom Error message in Qlik Sense

Hello Guys,

I am using Section Access in one of my QLik sense app and I have one sensitive filed which I want to hide so I have used Omit which is working absolutely fine. If any Chart has this dimension, doesn't generate any data which totally make sense because field is not available but now I gives this funny message of 'Invalid Visualization' I don't want this error message.

Can I make custom message ?

Regards,

Sajal

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use the Calculation condition in the Data handling section of the charts properties pane for this. You can use something like =If(fieldvaluecount('MySensitiveField')>0,1,0) as calculation condition. If the field MySensitiveField is omitted then the condition will return zero and the chart won't be rendered. And you can use the Display message setting for your custom message. 

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use the Calculation condition in the Data handling section of the charts properties pane for this. You can use something like =If(fieldvaluecount('MySensitiveField')>0,1,0) as calculation condition. If the field MySensitiveField is omitted then the condition will return zero and the chart won't be rendered. And you can use the Display message setting for your custom message. 

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
sajalgour2309
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Ohh I see. Yeah this is working. Thank you.