Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ca3868077
Contributor II
Contributor II

Data Load Editor - Invalid Expression - Summation of fields based upon conditional

Hello,

I'm receiving an error in the Data Load Editor, "Invalid Expression".  I believe it's due to how I've formatted  the 2nd formula (alias 'RO'), but I can't figure out how to resolve the issue.

LOAD

if (ALD_auth_qty>0,'Y','N') as ald_auth_qty_flag,

if (ALD_auth_qty>0,
        (Sum(ALD_auth_qty) + Sum(amds_auth_qty + namds_auth_qty + wisds_auth_qty) + Sum(hpmsk_deployed_qty)),
         (Sum(total_demand_level + spds_on_hand_qty)+Sum(amds_auth_qty + namds_auth_qty + wisds_auth_qty) +  Sum(hpmsk_auth_qty)
    )
) as RO

Is the issue caused because I'm summing dimensions through the sum() function while also using the sum operators (+)?
Conceptually, this formula, in my mind, does not work due to the row-context of a table..

Thoughts and feedback are greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
1 Reply
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, perhaps something like this

LOAD  Field1,
      Field2,
Sum(If(ALD_auth_qty>0, ALD_auth_qty + (amds_auth_qty + namds_auth_qty + wisds_auth_qty) + hpmsk_deployed_qty, (total_demand_level + spds_on_hand_qty) + (amds_auth_qty + namds_auth_qty + wisds_auth_qty) + (hpmsk_auth_qty)) ) as RO
Resident YourSourceTable
Group By Field1, Field2;