cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackBeQlik
Contributor
Contributor

Data Load Freezes

I have a data load script that I have been having issues with the past few days. I ran it without issues two weeks ago but now three particular tables/views will not load. These are also the three largest tables accessed in the script. The data load for these tables will start and connect, then load a certain amount of records and just hang indefinitely at this number. For example, in this screenshot, the table being loaded is about 18 million records but it will remain at 103,530 until I abort the load. I've been trying to find a threshold of how many records I can load before it freezes and it seems to be around 100k. There's no issue pulling any of this data from outside of Qlik and this has me stumped.

JackBeQlik_0-1689781019255.png

Labels (1)
1 Reply
marcus_sommer

There are lot of reasons possible, for example any limitation/configuration on the side of the data-base / driver how many records could be queried and/or in regard to locked records and/or access rights as well as any invalid / unknown data for the driver. Further any kind of timeout from the data-base / driver / the used network.

Qlik will only break the load with an error if it received an error from the data-base but such messages could be disabled or never occur if for example the network terminated the connection.

Helpful would be to check the driver (any configurations and/or alternatives) and the data-base as well as looking into the various log-files from Qlik + OS + data-base + any network-part and of course a systematically trial and error in regard which tables and fields with which content could be loaded or not and after which load-time the loading are failing - for example if working smaller queries would be failing by adding more records by adjusting the where-clauses or adding extra processing by any on top transformation. If you could force an error in this way which happens each time after about n minutes you would have detect a timeout.