Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KarenBC
Contributor II
Contributor II

Date Comparisons between tables using a dynamic variable for the "no of days between"

Hi all,

Wonder if you can help me.  

I have 2 tables which both have an eventID and dates and i need to identify which dates in one table happen BEFORE the date in the other table.  As an example:

in table 1,  I have eventID and a date. 

eg. Table 1

Event ID Date
Event 1 4th Feb 2021
Event 2 20 Dec 2020

in table 2, i have a number of different rows involving event IDs and different dates,

Row ID Event ID Date
1 Event 1 1st Dec 2020
2 Event 2 12th Dec 2020
3 Event 1 27th Jan 2021
4 Event 1 1st Feb 2021
5 Event 1 1st Mar 2021

My requirement on my app is to find all the dates in table 2 which occur BEFORE the date with the same event ID in table 1.

On my app, i am going to add a slider attached to a variable (vNoOfDays) which will act as a filter which allows me to set an integer to dynamically define "how many days before".

so if my slider is set to 5, i want to include row 4 from table 2 as 1st Feb is < 5 days from my event date in table 1 (4th Feb) for event 1.

If the slider is set to 15, i want to include:

• row 4 and row 3 as both 27th Jan 2021 and 1st feb 2021 are < 15 days from 4th Feb for Event 1
  • row 2 as 12th Dec is < 15 days from 20th Dec for Event 2

Hoping that makes sense!

Basically my date in table 1 is a hard date and i need to find all the rows in table 2 which fall before the hard date, but the number of days before is determined by my dynamic slider.

Thanks in advance for any help! 

0 Replies