cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antupe
Contributor III
Contributor III

Date format

Hello! In the dashboad that I am creating I import data from an excel file that cannot be edited. In my graphs I show the date in the format DD-MMM-YYYY, but it is being displayed in Spanish (because the data imported from excel is in Spanish). I tried changing the environment variables so that the English version would show, but when I do so the date is no longer displayed in the graphs. Apparently Qlikview does not recognise the date field in Spanish if the environment variables are in English... Any idea of how I could import the date field (that is in Spanish) and display it in English?

Thank you

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

If the date is an actual date field in Excel, it's not in any language - it's actually numeric and language shouldn't be a problem.

If the "date" in excel is actually a string of text, the quickest workaround is probably to just replace the month part using a match statement. I don't know the month names in Spanish but for English it'd be along the lines of:

MakeDate(Right(Date,4),Match(Mid(Date,4,3),'Jan','Feb','Mar'),Left(Date,2)) // Note - type in all 12 months, not just the three, and as they appear in the file

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

If the date is an actual date field in Excel, it's not in any language - it's actually numeric and language shouldn't be a problem.

If the "date" in excel is actually a string of text, the quickest workaround is probably to just replace the month part using a match statement. I don't know the month names in Spanish but for English it'd be along the lines of:

MakeDate(Right(Date,4),Match(Mid(Date,4,3),'Jan','Feb','Mar'),Left(Date,2)) // Note - type in all 12 months, not just the three, and as they appear in the file

antupe
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you!