Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flaviosouza37
Contributor II
Contributor II

Default filter when opening the application

Hi,

I have a need in some applications that I create in QlikSense which is to apply a default filter only when the panel opens for the first time (the filter I want to apply is the current year and month), in QlikView this was very simple to do and it worked wonderfully Well, in QlikSense I still haven't found an efficient way to do this, I carried out several searches on Google but I only find old posts here on the forum and until the time of these posts there was no native way to do this in QlikSense.
A suggestion that some users give is to use an extension, this is out of the question for me, where I work I cannot install extensions and our IT department also does not release these installations, and to be quite honest I prefer to work with native resources of the This way I don't run the risk of something breaking due to a QlikSense update and me having to rework to fix the applications.
The way I found to get close to what I need is to place an action in the folder so that a marker is selected when it is selected, but this way is quite unsatisfactory because whenever the folder is selected the action is executed, let's say the user opens the panel in folder "A" and the year 2024 is selected by the folder action, if he selects the year 2023 and moves to folder "B" and then returns to folder "A" the action will remove the year filter, if the user goes to folder "B" again and returns to folder "A" again, the folder action will select the year 2024, that is, the action is not executed just once, whenever the user changing folders the action of the folders will change the filter it created, this is not even remotely the behavior I want, what I want is for the current year and month to be selected only when the application opens for the first time, if If the user selects a year or month different from the one selected when the panel opened, under no circumstances should the application override the filters that the user created, the risk of the user making an incorrect analysis due to this automatic filter change is immense.

My question is: Is there any way to apply an action so that filters are only selected when the panel opens for the first time?

If this is not possible (which in my opinion is a shame as there are posts here on the very old forum where users are informed that they need this feature and QlikView has this feature natively) How difficult is it to include a flag in the folder action so that the user informs that he wants that action to be performed only once?

Another thing, there should be a global action in QlikSense for this, that is, if the user wants a filter to be applied only when the application opens for the first time, there should be a way to put this in just one place and not on a folder-by-folder basis. as I understand it is currently done.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
flaviosouza37
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I managed to achieve the result I intended to do with this marker that I mentioned in the message above, what was left was to add it as a default, so the application always opens in the folder I was in when I created the marker and the filter is only being applied once

View solution in original post

1 Reply
flaviosouza37
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I managed to achieve the result I intended to do with this marker that I mentioned in the message above, what was left was to add it as a default, so the application always opens in the folder I was in when I created the marker and the filter is only being applied once