Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ltc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Deleted Attached Files Reappear After Republishing App

Hi @Jamie_Gregory 

You asked me to reach out to you during today's Talk to Experts Tuesday.  I asked the question about attached files that the user deletes from an app while in the work stream, but the files still remain in the published app after republishing, and data will continue to load from the deleted files in the published app.

I attached a screenshot of the load script where we use the asterisk as a wildcard in the excel file name, so that we don't have to update the file name in the load script.  

This should allow us to just delete the files from the Attached Files folder that are no longer needed, upload a new file, and republish (see second screenshot).  But the problem is the deleted files will remain in the published app.  It's like one of the panelists said today - the files are being treated like App Objects, which don't get overridden when the app is republished.

We are on version Nov2020 patch 3.

2 Replies
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you, @ltc! We can check. Did this ever work as expected?

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a correct resolution 🙂
ltc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

@Jamie_Gregory 

We're not sure, since in apps prior to this we didn't use the wildcard in the load script.  We always updated the file name in the load script, but using the wildcard is less room for error.