Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dimension goes Null when I Click a Filter

Hello Qlikers! (Is that a thing?)

I'm attempting to make a table comparison between 2 sets of data (lets say Set I and set II).  Both tables use the same dimension. One table has 2 measure fields based only on Set I data, then 3 calculated measures based on a combination of figures from both sets.  The second table has 2 measure fields taken only from Set II data, and one calculated measure, also based only on Set II data.

I would like to apply a filter, coming from a field from Set I (but not displayed on the table), but when I do so, any measure dependent on Set II data goes completely null, as well as the dimension in the second table.  For Example: (where ### refers to some number %%% to a percentage, and Null is...well...self explanatory)

Pre Filter:

DimensionMeasure 1Measure 2Measure 3Measure 4Measure 5

A

############%%%
B############%%%
C############%%%
D############%%%
E############%%%

DimensionMeasure ABCMeasure DEFMeasure XYZ
A######%%%
B######%%%
C######%%%
D######%%%
E######%%%

After Filter Results:

DimensionMeasure 1Measure 2Measure 3Measure 4Measure 5
B###NullNull###Null
C###NullNull###Null
E###NullNull###Null

Null00Null

Ideally, I would like the second table to look as follows after the filter is applied:

B######%%%
C######%%%
E######%%%

Where these values would be used in the calculations for Measures 2, 3, and 5 of The first table to fill in the Nulls.  I unfortunately have not found a solution yet myself, hence my presence here.

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Post a small qlik sense app that demonstrates the problem.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand