Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
njimack
Contributor III
Contributor III

Display Top/Bottom n based on multiple criteria

Hi everyone

Long-time lurker, occasional poster!

I have client metrics going back several years.  The relevant fields in my data are:

• Client name
  • Product name
  • Year
  • Revenue

I'm trying to create a pivot table with the above, but only for those clients in the Top n for revenue last year.

I've managed to produce charts with just the current year data using this expression:

=if(aggr(rank(if(Year=max(Year),sum(Revenue)))<=var_slider_Top,Client),Client)   (where var_slider_Top) is a variable to determine the no. of clients to display)

However, trying to create a pivot that has multiple years data but restricting the client names based on current year data is beyond me 😞

6 Replies
vikasmahajan

You need to use extension for implementing the same below link can help you to develop :

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Top-N-Filter-Pane/td-p/1218141

Regards

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
njimack
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks, but creating the variable / slider isn't the issue - I can't figure out the correct expression to display multi-year data for the Top n clients based only on current year.

vikasmahajan

Please post your expression and sample data to resolve your issue

Vikas

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
njimack
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sample data...

Client Product Year Revenue
Client 1 Product 1 2020 100
Client 1 Product 1 2021 150
Client 1 Product 2 2020 50
Client 1 Product 2 2021 200
Client 2 Product 1 2020 20
Client 2 Product 1 2021 40
Client 2 Product 2 2020 60
Client 2 Product 2 2021 80

My task is to create a pivot table containing data for 2020 and 2021, but only for the Top n clients based on their 2020 revenue

I've tried various expressions using a combination of Aggr, Rank and If, but my pivot table isn't displaying any data.

vikasmahajan

Hi,

I have created Top N Analysis pfa attached  file.

Keep only 3rd measure in your report as you required last year top sale.

Hope this solve your issue.

Vikas

njimack
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you!  This has pointed me in the right direction but it's still not working as expected (this may be because of the way I explained it).

The two pictures below show a sample of my raw data and the output in my pivot table (customer names masked out).  I tweaked what you sent me and the PT is almost there but for some reason is only displaying data for Year 2018.

This is my Mastergroup expression in the PT (to display those Mastergroups who had the lowest EP in 2021):

=IF(Aggr(Rank(-SUM(EP),4),Year=max(Year),Mastergroup)<= $(var_slider_Top),Mastergroup)

Raw data (with customer name masked)Raw data (with customer name masked)Pivot table - only displaying 2018 for some reasonPivot table - only displaying 2018 for some reason