Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonAccent
Contributor
Contributor

Everyone can see everyone's personal bookmarks

We have a scenario where everyone can see everyone's bookmark.  We want users to only see bookmarks that the specific user created and also be able to view the "base" bookmarks. 

We don't want users viewing other user's personal bookmarks.  I attempted the suggestion found in the following link

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000034667

which included modifying the "stream" rule to be as follows

(resource.resourcetype = "App" and resource.stream.HasPrivilege("read")) or ((resource.resourcetype = "App.Object" and resource.published ="true" and resource.objectType != "bookmark" and resource.objectType != "app_appscript" and resource.objectType != "loadmodel")and resource.app.stream.HasPrivilege("read"))

however, this caused the "base" bookmarks to also be hidden.

2 Replies
tandrisani
Contributor II
Contributor II

Did you ever get a resolution to this? I'm having the exact same problem. It's all or none situation and I cannot figure it out. 

ElsKnockaert
Contributor III
Contributor III

I resolved this issue by making  bookmarks in this way. I created a role which states on the bottom line what the resource name must begin with in ordered to be shared. In this case, if the resource starts with "Imperial" then everyone with this role attached can see the Imperial xxxx bookmarks :

ElsKnockaert_0-1644823962959.png

(user.roles="Imperial_All_BookmarkSharing" and resource.App.HasPrivilege("read") and (resource.objectType = "story" or resource.objectType = "bookmark" or resource.objectType = "snapshot" or resource.objectType = "embeddedsnapshot" or resource.objectType = "hiddenbookmark") and (resource.name like "Imperial*"))

If a user should be able to see, for instance multiple shared bookmarks, then you can make another one and add this role again to the user. By adding a role that also shares resources with a name beginning with Retail, this user is able to see all made bookmarks beginning with Imperial or Retail. And so on. You could do this in 1 role, but in my case it's dependant on user group and it was easier to split them up :

ElsKnockaert_1-1644824137721.png

(user.roles="Imperial_Retail_BookmarkSharing" and resource.App.HasPrivilege("read") and (resource.objectType = "story" or resource.objectType = "bookmark" or resource.objectType = "snapshot" or resource.objectType = "embeddedsnapshot" or resource.objectType = "hiddenbookmark") and (resource.name like "Retail*"))

Hope this helps somewhat!