Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoyBatty
Contributor III
Contributor III

Exception Management - Problem with Security Rule Conditions

Hi,

I followed this video about setting "Exception Management" (starting from: 9:27) :

RoyBatty_0-1706537632315.gif

After I followed (implemented) everything the author of the video did, it works (now I can hide applications that are "sensitive" and I can allow specific users to access them) but there is the following problem: All applications are empty, there are no sheets.

The problem seems to be in Security Rule / Conditions:

(resource.resourcetype = "App" and resource.stream.HasPrivilege("read") and resource.@AppLevelMgmt.empty()) or ((resource.resourcetype = "App.Object" and resource.published ="true" and resource.objectType != "app_appscript" and resource.objectType != "loadmodel") and resource.app.stream.HasPrivilege("read"))

Let me explain briefly what this is:

Qlik has a Security Rule called "Stream":

RoyBatty_0-1706310398667.png

We disabled it and created a new Security Rule that is almost identical, we just added this to the conditions: and resource.@AppLevelMgmt.empty(). So, these are "conditions" of that new security rule:

(resource.resourcetype = "App" and resource.stream.HasPrivilege("read") and resource.@AppLevelMgmt.empty()) or ((resource.resourcetype = "App.Object" and resource.published ="true" and resource.objectType != "app_appscript" and resource.objectType != "loadmodel") and resource.app.stream.HasPrivilege("read"))

However, as mentioned, now all applications are empty (no sheets). I noticed that around 12:09 in the video it says "Oops - Minor Mistake - Here is the correct rule:" - but it's nowhere to be found, nor is there any link:

RoyBatty_1-1706310881030.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RoyBatty
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Solution from @Onyi_Nwabia-Robbins (fixed the issue):

For anyone who is still having issues with this, 
please make sure the two security rules that manage
the app access are both for App* and NOT App_*. 

This will ensure the user has access to all app
content and not just the app. 

I hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RoyBatty
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Solution from @Onyi_Nwabia-Robbins (fixed the issue):

For anyone who is still having issues with this, 
please make sure the two security rules that manage
the app access are both for App* and NOT App_*. 

This will ensure the user has access to all app
content and not just the app. 

I hope this helps.