Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfarr13
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Exclude fields from exported csv

Hi all,

Is it possible to exclude a couple of fields from the exported csv when exporting data?

Say I have a table on a sheet with 10 fields, however, I would like to allow the user only to export 8 out of those 10 fields but they should still be able to view all 10 fields on the sheet itself (through Qlik Sense).

The user cannot choose which 2 fields to exclude, the fields would have to have been selected beforehand by an admin through scripting / qmc etc...

Scenario: User wants to export table data from sheet containing 10 fields

Output: User gets csv with 8 out of those 10 fields.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, I don't know a way to omit fields from export.

If this is because the user don't want the fields you can add a button to hide/show those columns using conditional show.

If it's because of an admin restriction that you don't to allow users to export that fields it gets more complicated. By default the ExportAppData allows everyone to export data.

One option could be to change this rule to work by App* instead of App_* so you can set specific rule by AppObjects, and add a prefix or suffix to the sheets you dont want the users to export data.

With this rule you can have the table with 10 fields in the sheet with the prefix or suffix to not allow export, and the table with 8 columns in another sheet that allows exports.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rubenmarin

Hi, I don't know a way to omit fields from export.

If this is because the user don't want the fields you can add a button to hide/show those columns using conditional show.

If it's because of an admin restriction that you don't to allow users to export that fields it gets more complicated. By default the ExportAppData allows everyone to export data.

One option could be to change this rule to work by App* instead of App_* so you can set specific rule by AppObjects, and add a prefix or suffix to the sheets you dont want the users to export data.

With this rule you can have the table with 10 fields in the sheet with the prefix or suffix to not allow export, and the table with 8 columns in another sheet that allows exports.