Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikasmahajan

Excluding String b from String A in qlik sense

Hi Team,

VarA  ='Brand_Generic,Super_Channel,Channel,MonthYear';

VarB = 'Channel';

I wanted to exclude/ Remove string VarB from VarA how to achieve the same?

Thanks

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Labels (1)
10 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, may be using Replace(): VarC = Replace('$(VarA)','$(VarB)','');

vikasmahajan
Author

Hi Ruben,

Thanks for your answer  I applied the same I am losing Super_Channel  as well from the string any way to avoid this ?

vikasmahajan_0-1667809288902.png

Thanks

Vikas

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
rubenmarin

Hi Vikas, ok, just the member 'Channel and not substrings...

I'm thinking in splitting every row in different rows using subfield and then merge again using "Where Value<>'$(varA)'", like:

auxTable:
LOAD Concat(Value,',') as Value Where Value<>'$(VarB)';
LOAD Subfield('$(VarA)',',') as Value AutoGenerate 1;

LET VarC = Peek('Value',0,'auxTable');
DROP Table auxTable;

If instead of variables there is a table you can use RowNo() as RN and group by RN in the precedent load to merge again the groups.

And if there are different values for VarB you can use "Where not Match(Value,$(ListOfValues))"

vikasmahajan
Author

Unfortunately Load script will not work for me since My Custom reporting dimensions are dynamic 72 dimensions i have & I need set a limit of 10 dimensions only while calculating market share.

Thanks

Vikas

N30fyte
Creator
Creator

If you want to use Replace(), you also need to remove the comma character that precedes 'Channel'.

varA:  = 'Brand_Generic,Super_Channel,Channel,MonthYear'

varB:  = 'Channel'

varC:  = ','&varB 

varD : Replace(varA,varC,'')

This declares the two basic variables, then concatenates a comma and varB, and then replaces the concatenation with an empty string.

In the expression editor you wouldneed to use a dollar-sign expansion with varD:

=$(varD)

Variables in alphabetical order below, displayed in Text & Image chart items.

Screenshot 2022-11-07 105817.png

Hope this helps.

rubenmarin

Hi, I've very questions on how this works, first of all I'm not sure if chart script can help you to have the power of script when filtering dimensions: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Design/Chart-Level-Scripting-Use-Cases-Samples-and-Examples/ba-p/19810...

And the questions:

-it's a custom reporting done with a selector of dimensions and a selector of measures?

- why remove channel? are there some priorities for dimensions defined somewhere?

- Can it be crated as MinString(DimensionField1) & ',' & MinString(DimensionField2)...? or similar.

A very straightforward expression could be:

VarC = Left('$(VarA)', Index('$(VarA)',',$(VarB)')) & Mid('$(VarA)', Index('$(VarA)',',$(VarB)') + Len(',$(VarB)') + 1);

But I don't know if this might work with your real scenario

MarcoWedel

=Mid(Replace(','&VarA&',' , ','&VarB&',' , ','),2,Len(Replace(','&VarA&',' , ','&VarB&',' , ','))-2)
vikasmahajan
Author

Hi Macro/Ruben,

Thanks for your reply I ended up with following logic :

=if(Len(GetObjectField(10)) >0 and Len(GetObjectField(9)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(8)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(7)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(6)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(5)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(4)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(3)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(2)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(1)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(0)) > 0, GetObjectField(0)&','&GetObjectField(1)&','&GetObjectField(2)&','&GetObjectField(3)&','&GetObjectField(4)&','&GetObjectField(5)&','&GetObjectField(6)&','&GetObjectField(7)&','&GetObjectField(8)&','&GetObjectField(10),
if(Len(GetObjectField(9)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(8)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(7)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(6)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(5)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(4)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(3)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(2)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(1)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(0)) > 0, GetObjectField(0)&','&GetObjectField(1)&','&GetObjectField(2)&','&GetObjectField(3)&','&GetObjectField(4)&','&GetObjectField(5)&','&GetObjectField(6)&','&GetObjectField(7)&','&GetObjectField(9),
if(Len(GetObjectField(8)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(7)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(6)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(5)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(4)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(3)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(2)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(1)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(0)) > 0, GetObjectField(0)&','&GetObjectField(1)&','&GetObjectField(2)&','&GetObjectField(3)&','&GetObjectField(4)&','&GetObjectField(5)&','&GetObjectField(6)&','&GetObjectField(8),
if(Len(GetObjectField(7)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(6)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(5)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(4)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(3)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(2)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(1)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(0)) > 0, GetObjectField(0)&','&GetObjectField(1)&','&GetObjectField(2)&','&GetObjectField(3)&','&GetObjectField(4)&','&GetObjectField(5)&','&GetObjectField(7),
if(Len(GetObjectField(6)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(5)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(4)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(3)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(2)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(1)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(0)) > 0, GetObjectField(0)&','&GetObjectField(1)&','&GetObjectField(2)&','&GetObjectField(3)&','&GetObjectField(4)&','&GetObjectField(6),
if(Len(GetObjectField(5)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(4)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(3)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(2)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(1)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(0)) > 0, GetObjectField(0)&','&GetObjectField(1)&','&GetObjectField(2)&','&GetObjectField(3)&','&GetObjectField(5),
if(Len(GetObjectField(4)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(3)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(2)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(1)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(0)) > 0, GetObjectField(0)&','&GetObjectField(1)&','&GetObjectField(2)&','&GetObjectField(4),
if(Len(GetObjectField(3)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(2)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(1)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(0)) > 0, GetObjectField(0)&','&GetObjectField(1)&','&GetObjectField(3),
if(Len(GetObjectField(2)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(1)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(0)) > 0, GetObjectField(0)&','&GetObjectField(2),
if(Len(GetObjectField(1)) > 0 and Len(GetObjectField(0)) > 0, GetObjectField(1),
If(Len(GetObjectField(0)) > 0 ,GetObjectField(0)
,0)))))))))))

rubenmarin

Yep, short and simple 😁

Just because of curiosity, probably because of how the chart is created but... if GetObjectField(10)) >0 doesn't means that all the other dimensions until 10 will be have something too and is not really needed to check?

And the thing about removing the previous to the last, it's because it's assumed that Channel will be always in that position?