Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayG
Contributor II
Contributor II

Expression needed to calculate # of full time employees, given two dates.

I am building a payroll monitoring app that allows users to enter a start and end date from timekeeping data, upon which time the app will produce a summary of the total hours worked for the given time period. I then want to use these total hours worked to develop a function that will produce a number representing total full-time employees {FTE} based on a 40 hour work week over a 7 day period of Monday - Sunday (for example if I select 11/30/2020 - 12/06/2020 based on the data table attached, my function would return a sum of 40 hours and this would be 1 FTE. I would need the expression to return the number of FTE's for the time period selected). The format of the data is as follows:

JayG_0-1624280050507.png

1 Reply
JayG
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I suspect it might be coding like this below (syntax not necessarily correct, but this is the logic needed), although I have not yet figured out how I would set up the input visualization functionality where user could enter the Begin_Date and End_Date in order to produce the # of FTEs (Full Time Equivalent).:

# of FTE's = (Sum of hours(Begin_Date  through End_Date))/40

Anyone got any ideas! I have not had any input on this. Thanks.