Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayG
Contributor II
Contributor II

Expression needed to calculate # of full time employees, given two dates.

I am building a payroll monitoring app that allows users to enter a start and end date from timekeeping data, upon which time the app will produce a summary of the total hours worked for the given time period. I then want to use these total hours worked to develop a function that will produce a number representing total full-time employees {FTE} based on a 40 hour work week over a 7 day period of Monday - Sunday (for example if I select 11/30/2020 - 12/06/2020 based on the data table attached, my function would return a sum of 40 hours and this would be 1 FTE. I would need the expression to return the number of FTE's for the time period selected). The format of the data is as follows:

JayG_0-1624280050507.png

1 Reply
JayG
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I suspect it might be coding like this below (syntax not necessarily correct, but this is the logic needed), although I have not yet figured out how I would set up the input visualization functionality where user could enter the Begin_Date and End_Date in order to produce the # of FTEs (Full Time Equivalent).:

# of FTE's = (Sum of hours(Begin_Date  through End_Date))/40

Anyone got any ideas! I have not had any input on this. Thanks.