Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Force sum on higher level

Hello,

I would like to force a sum on a certain level independant of the selections in a lower level.

Example:

GroupDetailValueValue forced
AA-1228
AA-2328
AA-3528
AA-4728
AA-51028
AA-6128

I can show the forced value for group A via the TOTAL function : sum(TOTAL<Group> value).

But if I do a selection within the group (select A-1 and A-2 for example), I would like to keep the 28, with the above formule it wil give the total of the selection (see below).

GroupDetailValueValue forcedValue with current function
AA-12285
AA-23285

In a dashboard i'd like to show the total value of A even if i only selected A-1

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jonah

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this:

Sum(TOTAL<Group> {<Detail>} value) * Avg(1)

Saravanan_Desingh

You can try:

Sum({1}TOTAL Value)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Thanks Sunny for the answer, this partly gives me a solution but also creates another problem

(@ Saran, your solution only applies if A is the only group, which isn't the case.)

GroupDetailValueValue Group
AA-1210
AA-2310
AA-3510
BB-1718
BB-21018
BB-3118

When only selecting A-1, I would like to only see the blue line below, is there any way to obtain the view?

But with your formula I also get A-2 and A-3 as well as B-1, B-2 and B-3 with null values (i.e. it shows all groups without the Value but still shows them in the table).

GroupDetailValueValue Group
AA-1210
AA-20-
AA-30-
BB-10-
BB-20-
BB-30-

Thanks in advance

Jonah

sunny_talwar

Have you unchecked 'Show Zero Values' or is this checked? Uncheck it for me and see if that solves your issue

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

As a (happy) new Qlik User I'm still learning the basics the "Show zero values" resolved my issue, thanks a lot!

To improve my understanding of the tool Tool I have an additional question : What's the function of the *Avg(1) at the end of your proposed formula?

If I remove the "*Avg(1)" of the formula and uncheck the "Show zero values", I still have the above problem.

sunny_talwar

Since we are ignoring selection in Details field, QlikView will continue to show all rows when you select a single value under details. But to force them to be 0 we multiply it by Avg(1). Avg(1) will be equal to 1 for your selections and will equal to 0 out of your selections.