Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Formula to select specific dimensions

Hello,

I am looking for a formula that will automatically segregate the dimension values I need. I shared a screenshot of the below to help explain what I am looking for.  The dimension is the TECH_ID1 field and I am looking to only have those that start

with "M" followed by four digits. Like "M0101" (shown below). Since each tech Id has a different set of four unique digits, the only common letter is the M at the prefix. Unfortunately the data set is much bigger than below so it would take some time to select all the right ID's. Is there a way to only select the ID's that start with M?   Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 3.40.45 PM.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can use a search in a set expression:

Sum( {<RowID={"=(TECH_ID1 Like 'M*') AND Len(KeepChar(Mid(TECH_ID1,2,4),'0123456789'))=4"}>} [Mechanical Sales] )

All the measures have to have the same Set Expression

For this search to work reliably you have to have a row id. You can create one if you dont already have one by using in the LOAD statement this:

LOAD

RowNo() AS RowID,

View solution in original post

1 Reply
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can use a search in a set expression:

Sum( {<RowID={"=(TECH_ID1 Like 'M*') AND Len(KeepChar(Mid(TECH_ID1,2,4),'0123456789'))=4"}>} [Mechanical Sales] )

All the measures have to have the same Set Expression

For this search to work reliably you have to have a row id. You can create one if you dont already have one by using in the LOAD statement this:

LOAD

RowNo() AS RowID,