Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Geoanalytis/Map visualization not displaying correct country

Hello, my data set includes country_codes and state_codes. Some state_codes will be labeled as 'N/A' since not all countries have states.

That is beyond my problem right now. At first, I wrote out the country name, expecting Qlik to be able to read those in and properly place and display them on their map visualization. Instead, I am seeing Greenland being displayed in the US and a few other countries that are real wacky. I then transformed my data so that country_codes values are just the codes of the country.

E.g United States = US, Greenland = GL, etc. This placed Greendland in the right place but now I have other data points that are nowhere near Africa being displayed in Africa. I'm not sure what else I can do to correctly display these data points based on country codes and countries spelled out fully. 

Is there a best practice method for handling geospatial data? I'm not sure what else I can transform in my country column in order to properly display their data points. 

Any ideas?

Labels (4)
1 Reply
dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

There was an error in my data so I updated the country codes to reflect the most recent ISO2 country codes established. 

http://www.vas.com/Tnotes/Country%20Codes.htm