cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help needed: correct year/month display of cumulative line charts

Hello Qlik Community,

I’m a Qlik newbie, with only 2 months of Qlik Sense experience, and I can't solve the following problem, I really hope you can help me out here.

I’m sure that this is a problem that is rather easy to solve for seasoned experts, so forgive me if I ask something trivial.

I have a monthly time series (from Dec 2014 to Sept 2018) having one cumulative value (debt) for each month.

I have to display a line chart with a yearly view as the default, and then make it possible to drill down to a monthly view.

This would be trivial with monthly data, but here we have cumulative monthly data, so in the yearly view, I’d like to show only the last value of a given year, so the value for Dec 2014, Dec 2015, Dec 2016, Dec 2017, and then Sept 2018.

And then, when I click on a datapoint in the yearly line chart, I’d like to get into the monthly view, so for example clicking on 2018, I’d get a linechart with monthly data from Jan 2018 to Sept 2018. When I click on 2017, I’d get data from Jan 2017 to Dec 2017, etc.

This is the calculation I’m using at this point:

if(GetSelectedCount([Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Year]) = 0,

sum({<[Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Month]={'$(=Month(DATE(Max(Date_Monthly))))'}>}[Debts]),

sum([Debts]) )

The problem is that the yearly view shows the Sept data for each year, so with this calculation, I get Sept 2014, Sept 2015, Sept 2016, Sept 2017, and Sept 2018 instead of Dec 2014, Dec 2015, Dec 2016, Dec 2017, and Sept 2018...

Cumulative_Line_Chart_Error-Yearly_View.png

Can you help me with the above calculation so I get the correct results?

I also attached the app with the data and the current (wrong) solution.

Many thanks,

György

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

If(GetSelectedCount([Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Year]) = 0

,FirstSortedValue(Aggr(Sum([Debts]), [Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Month], [Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Year]), -Aggr([Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Month], [Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Month], [Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Year]))

,Sum([Debts])

)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this

If(GetSelectedCount([Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Year]) = 0

,FirstSortedValue(Aggr(Sum([Debts]), [Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Month], [Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Year]), -Aggr([Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Month], [Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Month], [Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Year]))

,Sum([Debts])

)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Sunny,

wow that was fast.

I really appreciate your help, now my line chart works as it should.

Many thanks,

György

sunny_talwar

Super, I am glad I was able to help