Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kazuma
Contributor II
Contributor II

How can I split an amount over multiple rows with different volume?

I seem to have a problem that is very difficult to solve using Qliksense because the most basic SQL statements don't work. I could do this on an SQL Server where I can use nested statements, but even after figuring out how to use mapping and updating tables by reloading them into a new table, the following problem doesn't seem to be easily solveable in QlikSense.

I have a base table that looks like this:

OrderNumber  OrderPosition   TotalAmountDelivered   MaxAmountInPosition  StillToDeliver   Delivered    

1234567                1                                        400                                         50                                           0                      50

1234567                2                                        400                                         30                                           0                      30

1234567                3                                        400                                       420                                         100                 320

8987654                1                                        300                                       500                                         200                 300

The field StillToDeliver and Delivered  is what I have to calculate. The amount TotalAmountDelivered is only known per OrderNumber, not per OrderPosition inside the OrderNumber. An OrderNumber can be split into several rows having a different OrderPosition. Each OrderPosition can only hold a MaxAmountInPosition. The TotalAmountDelivered  needs to be split above all OrderPositions, by filling up the first position as much as it can have (MaxAmountInPosition) and then the second position etc. until the whole TotalAmountDelivered is gone. I would do that in a loop from my Min(OrderPosition ) to my Max(OrderPosition) and I would do the following:

LET MinOrderPosition = MIN(OrderPosition );
LET MaxOrderPosition = MAX(OrderPosition );
For CurrentOrderPosition= MinOrderPosition to MaxOrderPosition

- Calculate the SUM(StillToDeliver) after grouping the table to OrderNumber to know what value has already been assigned for a certain OrderNumber over all rows, then substract this result from TotalAmountDelivered to know what amount still has to be delivered (let's call this result StillToAssign)

- Calcutate what amount can be assigned to the CurrentOrderPosition by getting the max value of StillToAssign and MaxAmountInPosition in the same row, then set this value to the field Delivered and Calculate the field StillToDeliver by substracting Delivered from MaxAmountInPosition  

- Proceed with the next CurrentOrderPosition

Next CurrentOrderPosition

Any help would be greatly appreciated to code the missing pieces that I described. I wrote quite some code in QlikSense already but I still have trouble understanding how Qliksense knows which fields from which table it loads when I need to work with preceeding loads to get a group by, so for me as an SQL programmer, programming in QlikSense is just very unsettling even if the result is correct. And in this example, I feel helpless working with the limited QlikSense commands.

Labels (4)
0 Replies