Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sid666123
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to add a filter in the following expression

Hi,

I've managed to link a custom filter to a single chart using the following equation. However, my goal is to include a filter for yes or no. 

Count({$*[Issue]},{Condition='Yes'} ID_number)/Count({1<[Issue]=>} ,{Condition ='Yes'}>} Total ID_number)

What is the correct syntax? 

Cheers,

Sid

5 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

What is [Issue]? Is it a field , a state or a bookmark? I am assuming it is a field in my suggestion below. 

Count({$<[Issue] , [Condition] ={'Yes'} >} ID_number)/Count({1<[Issue],[Condition] ={'Yes'}>} Total ID_number)

Or if you want both yes and no ids. 

Count({$<[Issue] , [Condition] ={'Yes', 'No' } >} ID_number)/Count({1<[Issue],[Condition] ={'Yes', 'No' }>} Total ID_number)

Sid666123
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Vegar,

Thanks for the solution. The reason I am using Count({$*[Issue]} is because $* is a filter I've used explicitly for a particular chart since it is in an alternate state. Taking out the * disables the filter. I gotta add the Extra bit keeping the filter on.

Cheers,

Sid

Cheers

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Is this a solution/help for you? 

Count({$*Issue<[Condition] ={'Yes', 'No' } >} ID_number)/Count({1*[Issue]<[Condition] ={'Yes', 'No' }>} Total ID_number)

If not then please explain or rephrase your issue. 

Sid666123
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Vegar, 

The filter is working perfectly!! Thanks for that. In the second part of the equation i.e Count({1*[Issue]<[Condition] ={'Yes', 'No' }>} Total ID_number) My main goal is to calculate the percentage using the equation such that, if I pick a date with the date picker then it would use the total within the date range to spit the percentage of the dimension. My understanding is using a 1< would fix that issue? I might be wrong? Right now it does not calculate the correct percentage and yes, the issue is a dimension.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Using {1} will ignore all selections, inclusive any selections you have done on the date field. To pinpoint just to ignore selection on date you can use a date modifier cancelling your selection.

{1 * Issue<[Date] =, [Condition] ={'Yes', 'No' }>}

However if you have Date as a dimension and want to show all dates on all rows then you w will need to take a look at the count (TOTAL [...] )